Quiche is an anytime food that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or supper. There are many varieties of this type of pie—from vegetarian to seafood, and everything in between. Seasonal spinach is often found in quiche recipes like this one.
1¼ cups milk
2 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
9" deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
1½ to 2 cups filling, such as:
- grated cheese
- bell pepper, diced and sautéed
- broccoli, sliced and cooked
- asparagus, chopped and cooked
- onions and/or garlic, chopped and sautéed
- fresh spinach, wilted
- shrimp or chicken, cooked and chopped
- zucchini, yellow squash or carrots, grated
- mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a mixing bowl, with a whisk, mix eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper and basil. Place filling ingredients into the pie crust, and pour egg mixture over the filling. Bake for 45 minutes or until the pie has set.